Sorry about my lack of posting over the last week. I was at camp. So, now I am very tired…but it was worth it. Camp was an amazing week of waterslides, mango chicken (yum!), bonfires, chooooocolaaaate, Oreos, Dorm 9 (woop!), games, photo hunts and most of all encouraging one another, sharing with one another and learning from one another more about God.
After camp our friends James, Sandra and Josh came over to experience Galway and eat even more food! For our dessert I wanted something quick and easy, but incredibly tasty. I wanted something packed full of sugar to give me energy after an exhausting camp. I wanted chocolate chip cookie cake!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake (serves 6 large servings) adapted from thatssoyummy.com
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1-½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ½ cups Butter, Unsalted
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 whole Large Egg
- 1-¼ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or a mixture of dark, milk and white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit or 180 degrees celcius and grease an 8 inch round tin.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, using a freestanding mixer or hand mixer, cream together the butter, light brown sugar and vanilla for about 1 1/2 minutes on a medium speed, until well combined.
- Scrape down the sides, add in the egg and beat until combined on a medium speed (about 30 seconds).
- Add the dry mixture and mix on a low speed until almost combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and coconut and stir with a spoon until combined.
- Place in the prepared dish, making sure the batter is smooth and even, and the dish put in oven. Cook for 18-22 minutes or until it is lightly golden and starting to crisp around the edge.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan.
- Serve with a scoop of icecream and some chocolate sauce
- Why not add some chopped nuts to the mixture