My summer job search is failing abysmally but that’s okay; God knows what He’s doing! So instead, I’ve decided that I’m going to find other fun ways to fill up my summer. Being jobless creates a world of opportunities; maybe, I’ll finally do the TEFL course that I’ve been talking about doing for years or get my driving test!
This is mind, I have created a list of things to achieve or do by the end of the summer and hopefully I can blog about them as I do them!
MY SUMMER RESOLUTIONS:
- Post on this blog at least twice a week
- Make some new friends (not that my old one’s aren’t AMAZING; I just don’t know that many people in Galway right now)
- Make my own chicken stock from scratch
- Do a CELT (TEFL) course (monetary funds allowing)
- Volunteer at a BCM summer camp
- Start up a youth group at our church with my husband, Nathan
- Go to the Volvo Ocean Race in Galway
- Attend a play/concert at the Galway Arts Festival
- Finally read the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy (I’ve had the books for years)
- Get driving lessons and pass my driving test (hopefully first time!)
- Practise guitar twice a week so I can actually learn how to play properly!
- Go hiking around Connemara
- Visit the Aran Islands again
- Read through psalms
If any of you (my non-existent readers) have any suggestions for ways to make my summer FANTASTIC please contribute!
Now here’s a simple smoothie recipe for y’all!
Simple Berry Smoothie
Ingredients (serves 2):1 cup milk 1/2 cup juice (I used orange) 1 large banana 1 1/4 cups frozen berries 2 scoops frozen yogurt (I used strawberry) or icecream 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional) 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- Place all ingredients (putting in liquids first) in a blender
- Blend on a medium speed (you may have to stop blending to mix the ingredients with a spoon if the mixture is too thick for your blender)
- If you prefer your smoothie thinner, just add more milk and juice!
Variations:Why not try different fruit mixes, like tropical mix or different juices, like cranberry and apple. Or, you could add some granola to your smoothie!